Friday, April 24, 2009

Timog to Morato


I just came from a long walk along Timog Ave. and Morato. Too bad, I do not have a digital camera to document all the things I witnessed while roaming around like a traveller in my own country. I had a familiar feeling actually while being alone in the crowd. I was single all my life until after my graduation in college. After two years of working, I got a boyfriend and we have been inseparable since then. I felt both excited and afraid being out of my comfort zone, which is being with my boyfriend and with anyone of my friends or family members.

Timog Avenue and Tomas Morato Avenue are two of the busiest streets in Quezon City. The streets are just perpendicular to one another. Popular for their bars, clubs, coffeeshops, retaurants and spas, indeed, these are the ones at which events are always being held. Actually, it's Earth Day and the celebration is in Morato. I'd been to Timog before going to Morato for the bar tour of Artist's Arrest. Anyway, while I was on my way to Morato, I saw homeless people on the street, some were already sleeping, oblivious of the noise and the humongous number of people around them, and some were enjoying watching the bands performing onstage. While everyone seemed to be enjoying the night, there was a sort of commotion and I just witnessed a girl being caught by two big men who looked like marshalls, I suppose. No one knew what the real reason of the happening was but I was really horrified since the fuss was right in front of me. After that, I went to McDonalds and I gave myself a treat of cheeseburger, cokefloats and regular fries. The meal was like heaven... That was my dinner at 11:30pm. I was super hungry.

Now I am in the "pc bang" (korean term for computer room/shop) and the spirit of the street still lingers in me... Oh, I deserve a peaceful sleep after taking a long walk, being alone in a crowd and experiencing the fuss in the middle of it. But, on the other hand, I purely enjoyed the moment of being able to connect to myself again, in the midst of inconvenience and discomfort.
Goodnight!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hilda baby! Ate Nors here...got goose-pimples reading your post[s]...know why? I love being a writer in my own way...I dreamt of becoming one and I think no one ever got that passion from me. Walang kahilig hilig ang anak ko...but they do appreciate what I am doing, at least. Just keep it up gurl...hurrah! Love yah...you,re like a sister to me na...hehehe...sister hah...you really make me younger than my age. Well for that...big hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I was browsing spa reviews then I saw your post.. May I invite you to visit - Star Bliss Nails & Body Spa located at Timog Ave. Corner Scout Torillo.. Hope to see you there! =)

    http://starvillanueva.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete